Click Here to View Exercise
Web Multimedia and Interactivity
Website Case Study JavaJam Coffee House P.449
In this exercise I used the skills I learned from Chapter 11 and then applied those skills to the JavaJam Coffee House Website. Files were transfered over from Chapter 9 and then modified accordingly.
The assignment was to add a background sound to the Home page (index.html). It suggests to modify the background sound so that it will play continuously, but I find that to be annoying. So I made the background sound only play once when uploaded.
The second part is to replace the javalogo.gif file with a flash animated banner called javalogo.swf on each page. I simply edited the code that was given in this chapter and then linked it to the javalogo.swf file.
As a bonus I thought it would be cool to add a picture of a cappuccino machine with a sound bar to the left of the picture. When users hit the play button it makes a real working cappuccino machine noise.
- Hands On Practice 11.1 P.413
- Hands On Practice 11.2 P.415
- Hands On Practice 11.3 P.417
- Hands On Practice 11.4 P.419
- Hands On Practice 11.5 P.421
- Hands On Practice 11.6 P.428
- Hands On Practice 11.7 P.433
- Website Case Study JavaJam Coffee House P.449