Click Here to View Exercise
Visual Elements and Graphics
Hands On Practice 4.5 P.140
In this exercise I learned about the following configurations for background images by using CSS.
- background-color is a CSS code you can use to describe the background color.
- background-image is a CSS code you can use to describe the background image.
- background-repeat is a CSS code you can use to describe how you want a background image to tile.
Something new I learned was the fact that now you can repeat a background image more than one way by using CSS.
- repeat-y - repeats an image horizontally
- repeat-x - repeats an image verticially
- no-repeat - does not repeat image
I applied this technique to my example website by using the following code in my h2 selector.
font-family:Georgia, "Times New Roman", serif;
Now from the example you should see a tiny flower that represents a bullet point at the beginning of each h2 selector.
- Hands On Practice 4.1 P.122
- Hands On Practice 4.2 P.125
- Hands On Practice 4.3 P.135
- Hands On Practice 4.4 P.136
- Hands On Practice 4.5 P.140
- Website Case Study JavaJam Coffee House P.154
- Website Case Study Fish Creek P.158